- Keep running with a small amount of race pace work.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat normally.
- Stay relaxed and focused.
- Believe in yourself.
- Acknowledge all you have done to get to this point – go through your training diary.
- Plan your route to the marathon.
- Set out your gear the night before.
- Enjoy the experience!
- Stuff yourself with carbs for 3-4 days before the marathon.
- Do anything different from any other week.
- Try new runners/gear.
- Over think the marathon.
- Forget your nutrition plan.
- Deviate from your plan.
- Get carried away with the excitement of a quick start.
For those who not running this year, if you’d like to train for the marathon next year or even take on a 10k or 5k in the near future, check out my Marathon Training Plan service or Personal Training Service to support you to achieve your goals.
Good luck to everyone running the Dublin City Marathon this week!